We’ve put together a comprehensive guide to the common removal van sizes so you don’t have to spend time working out which size van you need to move house. As there are all kinds of sizes and models for vans, here are some standard sizes for removals vans and their features to help you spot the, and ultimately know which one is suitable for your move. Exact dimensions of the vans will vary depending on the model.
Medium Wheelbase Van – shortened to MWB
- A high roof
- Easy loading platform
- Most times cheaper to hire due to its slightly smaller size
- Most common models are the Ford Transit and Mercedes Sprinter
- The average loading capacity of an MWB van is 8-11 cubic metres.
Long Wheels Base Transit Van and Sprinter Van – shortened to LWB
- Also called Jumbo Transits or Jumbo Sprinters
- Ideal for one and two-bedroom flats
- Fit white goods, wardrobes, sofas, tables, chairs, a flat screen television and home entertainment system, and even a bed if it’s collapsible.
- The average loading capacity of a LWB van is 11-15 cubic metres.
- Also referred to as a 3.5 Tonne Luton Van
- They often have a tail lift
- They’re narrow so easy manoeuvrable around narrow streets
- Because the wheel arches don’t poke into the storage area, it makes packing boxes much easier.
A Luton van can take a two-bedroom flat or a small house with up to 45 boxes, a table and set of chairs (as long as they’re stackable), big sofas, two double beds, wardrobes and white goods.
7.5 Tonne Luton Van
- In terms of build, it identical to the 3.5 Tonne Luton Van – just bigger.
- It’s good for three-bedroom houses and can store 40-50 boxes, up to 4 beds, 3 sofas, 2 dining tables and sets of chairs, 3-4 wardrobes and most kitchen appliances.
- The loading capacity is approximately 25-27 cubic metres.
It can be a tricky selecting from a guide on the vehicles, which is why the Jaizek Removals team is here to give you more information about the size and type of vehicles you’ll need based on your moving details. Remember to inform the team at Jaizek Removals of any particularly large or awkward items, so that they can offer you the best vehicle for your move. Get a free quote now.